The Division of Student Affairs will be known for its active partnership with faculty, the academic divisions, students, and community members in the creation of a fully integrated student educational experience. This fully integrated educational experience will enable students to identify and maximize the connections between their academic and co-curricular learning.
We will seek to have a particular focus on student attainment of our university motto “strength through truth.” ¹
Through supporting students’ active engagement in university courses, student-centered programs and activities on campus in the St Louis and global community, the Division of Student Affairs will lay a foundation such that Washington University graduates will:
- Understand their values and strengths as a means of translating their academic, intellectual, and individual passions into purposeful careers and lives.
- Seek to be servant and compassionate leaders in their chosen profession and their volunteer activities.
- Be civically engaged and committed to strengthening their communities.
- Develop their skills of resiliency to be individuals capable of managing failure and success.
- Embrace difference, and open and honest dialogue about differences, even with others who do not agree with a particular viewpoint.
- Be active and engaged alumni of the University.
Our Division will be organizationally positioned, and optimize our deployment of our human, fiscal, physical, leadership and other resources toward the realization of this vision.